We are a private-equity owned, global life-sciences management consultancy, specialising in strategy and competitive analysis.
We work across five offices in three regions: UK, USA, and Japan. We pride ourselves in offering a unique value proposition to our clients in that we help clients perform and innovate by articulating a fact-based and competitively refined strategy. We do so in a customised way, acting locally but having global knowledge and reach at our disposal.
As our Management Accountant, you will help drive the growth of Deallus by being a key figure in the production of the monthly consolidated management accounts, as well as other financial and management reports. You will support the Financial Controller by maintaining the integrity of accounting records and will gain exposure to a broad range of finance tasks.
Deallus is growing, and as such we require an ambitious, highly motivated individual to help us maintain financial control and insight through this period. The purpose and responsibilities of this role will likely evolve over time.
- Production and consolidation of monthly management accounts, including posting journals.
- Analysis of monthly P&L (actual vs budget/forecast).
- Production of monthly and ad hoc reporting pack(s).
- Maintenance and monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Liaison with local overseas teams to ensure alignment of deadlines/reporting required.
- Maintenance of project accounting and records (including contracts, supplier and client invoices, timesheets, project coding in accounting and timesheet system).
- Invoicing of clients in line with contracts.
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Develop and implement best practice financial and management accounting processes for new finance system.
- Seek opportunities to enhance, innovate and improve existing processes and controls.
- Preparation of files and assistance on annual audit.
- Work with the Financial Controller to produce the cash flow forecast.
- Purchase order approvals.
- Quarterly EC sales and VAT reporting.
- AP related tasks where required.
- Assist the Financial Controller to delegate tasks to the Accounts Assistant where directed.
- General accounting system and data maintenance.
- Support to Financial Controller and Head of Finance.
- Undertakes other tasks commensurate with the role and position which may reasonably be requested.
- Possesses at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Part-qualified CIMA or ACCA accountant and actively working towards completing qualification.
- IT proficient, competent with accounting packages and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Exposure to foreign exchange.
- Practical project accounting experience is advantageous.
Key behavioral skills required:
- Ambitious and motivated. Our company is growing and we are seeking someone to grow and develop with us.
- Positive and ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness to ‘get stuck in’
- Flexible – able to adapt to a dynamic environment and manage ambiguity.
- Team player: able to both take direction and work autonomously.
- Able to communicate confidently with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills; able to prioritise workload to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
No agencies please.
For the right candidate, we would be happy to support with further studies to continue enhancing your career development. After all, your success, supports our success!
Deallus Consulting Ltd. is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from candidates irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, marital status, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or age.