We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual with experience managing operations in a project-based organization. This is an exciting role at the heart of the business, offering a high degree of autonomy in coordinating the deployment of resources and management of contractual agreements with our clients and suppliers on a global scale. Working within a life sciences consultancy, you will be working with highly intelligent, talented and ambitious employees.
Overview of the Role
As our Global Capacity & Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective planning and optimal deployment of consulting manpower as well as subcontractors for Deallus worldwide. In addition, you will manage and oversee various centralized operational processes including, but not limited to, client contracts and firewall / conflict of interest procedures. Reporting directly into the CFO, you will also collaborate closely with senior managers and leaders across the business to implement effect operational processes
Who we are
We are a private-equity owned, global life-sciences management consultancy, specialising in strategy and competitive analysis. We work across three regions: UK, USA, and Japan & Asia Pacific. We pride ourselves in offering a unique value proposition to our clients in that we help clients perform and innovate by articulating a fact-based and competitively refined strategy. We do so in a customised way, acting locally but having global knowledge and reach at our disposal.
Our ambitions are to double in size over the next several years. This creates a fast-paced, dynamic environment whilst offering exciting career growth opportunities for our employees.
- Efficiently plans and centrally schedules Deallus consultants and subcontractors (SCs) based on acquired projects, proposals and business development work
- Maintains an overview of upcoming projects and expected staffing requirements and flags capacity needs / risks in advance
- Serves as the central point of contact for all consultant staffing matters across all regions
- Builds relationships and ‘manages’ the pool of SCs, to include negotiation of rates and contracts, building engagement of all SCs with Deallus and being the SC contact point for any concerns / issues
- Manages all SC contracts, to ensure up to date contracts in place, SOW’s for all project work secured and relevant proof of insurances received
- Identifies, defines and analyses KPIs to help monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of global staffing
- Working with Finance & HR, ensures all contracts (excluding employment contracts) are up to date and legally sound, including, but not limited to, MSA’s, consulting contracts, NDA’s, etc.
- Manages Deallus’ Conflict of Interest (COI) table, to flag potential conflicts across clients and projects and drive the firewalling process
- 3-4 years’ work experience, with 1-2 years in a staffing or scheduling role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities, often with conflicting timelines, effectively
- Strong people skills; able to build relationships at all levels and manage negotiations effectively
- Possesses a strategic mindset with the ability to operate at a tactical and, at times, administrative level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adept problem solver – able to see solutions to complex problems and work with various stakeholders to reach consensus and implement solutions
- Proactive; able to work from a ‘blank sheet of paper’ and craft and drive own work plan, sometimes with little supervision